CALL FOR PAPERS
1st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP ON
“STATE AND DIGITAL SOCIETY”
9 – 10 SEPT 2018
Novotel Hotel, Bandar Lampung
The 1st International Indonesia Conference on Interdisciplinary Studies (IICIS) will focus on recognizing impact of the digital technology. It becomes increasingly important to explore and understand that the transformation of society can be understood not only as spiritual, religious, cultural, social, political and economic, but also very specifically as technological. The fact is that the various issues on the impact of digital technologies appear on individual, as well as on state and society levels. Thus, a plethora of conference papers can contribute to understanding the use of digital technology, rule and regulation, policy advocacy, and the impact of digital technology on several aspects of human life and existence – culture, safety, personal and national identity, business, health, agriculture and farming etc.
1) Trend of Online Business (code: TOB)
- Shifting from traditional to online businesses – what are the implications to market?
- Innovation, disruptive technology of online platform
- The impact of digital technology to transportation issues
- Agriculture and Farming – the future of ‘Agriculture is Digital’ (e-Agri)
- The impact of digital technology on health and medical services
- The role of the state, law, rules and regulations on the digital era
- What is the role of local government on investment, regulation and permits?
2) Media and Communication (code: MC)
- Changing the industry from traditional to digital
- Media framing
- Media campaign/ political tools
- What are the implications on current media and communication strategy?
- Impacts of digital technology on Cyberwar, Cybercrime, terrorism?
- Shifting traditional media to digital media
- Issues on diaspora – information technology for diasporas and homeland/home country
- Gender issues on online shopping
3) Social, Culture, Ideology and Politics (code: SCIP)
- The challenge of digital media in the context of diversity/ multicultural society
- State Sovereignty – security
- Social Conflict – “Online war”
- Gender Issues and ICT: advantage and disadvantage
- Changing on people and social behaviour e.g. Instagram-able
- Digital Education and intervention in changing behaviour
- Digital Law; competition policy, competition in e-Commerce
- Tolerance, Gotong Royong, Local Wisdom (Plus and Minus)
- Millennial Generation (Role – Challenge)
4) Public Services (code: PS)
- Ethics and Responsibility of the government
- Public and Digital Society
- Innovation for central and local governments through E-Gov, E-Tax, E-Procurement, E-Money, E-Health etc (Practices and Challenges)
- Civil servants’ response on digital technologies and local government innovation
5) Technology versus Humanity (code: TH)
- The impact of technology on humanity
- Moral economy of digital businesses
- Business ethics
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- Please submit a short CV and one-page abstract in electronic form (PDF or Microsoft Word) in Englishto the scientific committee:
firstname.lastname@example.org before or by 20 July 2018
- Please use the following format in writing SUBJECT of your email for abstract submission: IICIS_LAST NAME_code of TOPIC
Example name SUBJECT email: IICIS__SULISTYO_TOB
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION (OPTIONAL)
- Accepted abstract shall be further developed into full paper in English if the presenters would like to have their papers on proceeding.
- Full paper maximum 6000 words, excluding abstract and references.
- Full paper should be submitted to email@example.com, maximum by 15 August 2018.